The first-ever website was published in 1991; today, there are more than 1.7 billion websites on the Internet, but not all of them are active or engaging. There’s no question that you need a solid website if you hope to operate in the modern world of business, but it can be tough to choose the right web content management system.
At PulaTech, we work with the most popular content management systems, so we’re offering a quick guide to how you can choose the best CMS for your needs. First and foremost, you’ll want to take a good, hard look at each CMS’s strengths and weaknesses.
- SiteCore — SiteCore is an incredibly flexible CMS that is designed to connect into Microsoft environments. This scalable CMS is great for businesses looking to grow quickly and integrate quality marketing initiatives.
- Ektron — A more developer-friendly CMS, Ektron features a native ASP.NET and a drag and drop page builder with a library of components to choose from. Ektron is a great solution for those looking to build intranet portals and social communities.
- Joomla — Joomla is the perfect middle ground between developer-focused platforms that are too complex for average users and very simple content management systems that don’t allow for extreme customization. Joomla allows for application development, theme customization, and the use of plugins.
- Drupal — By far the most developer-friendly of all the most popular CMS, Drupal is perfect for complex sites managed by coders who understand how to navigate HTML. Drupal’s downside is that it cannot really be updated by someone unfamiliar with programming, but it is incredibly customizable.
- WordPress — WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world for the simple reason that it is unbelievably user-friendly. Even if you have absolutely no experience with the backend of websites, you’ll find that WordPress is very simple to use; the downside to this is the fact that some WordPress sites can appear cookie-cutter.
Clearly, each of the most popular CMS solutions has pros and cons; understanding them thoroughly will help you make the decision about which one is best for your needs. From there, a little extra assistance might be in order.
Choosing The Right Web Content Management System
Companies are like people—they have individual personalities and goals which must be expressed in their websites. If you aren’t familiar with web development, then it’s a good idea to call upon the expertise of an experienced team as you attempt to spruce up your virtual presence.
At PulaTech, we take the time to create fully custom web content management solutions. This takes all of the guesswork out of choosing the perfect CMS so you can rest assured that you have the perfect platform for your business.
There’s no question that you need a website, but the rest of the process doesn’t need to remain a mystery. Contact PulaTech to learn more about how the perfect web content management system can completely transform your business, and to begin exploring which CMS will best serve your needs. Give us a call at 612-444-3185 or contact our CEO, Geoffrey Lee.